This babaganoush is made of dreams. It is so delicious and simple AND very healthy. Trust me people who don’t even like eggplant will love this special dip.
This dip is great to serve at a Mediterranean dinner party, bring as a casual appetizer to a party or keep in the fridge as a healthy and satisfying snack.
Best Babaganoush Ever
- 2 large eggplants
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons Raw tahini paste
- Warm water
- Paprika and good olive oil for topping
- Start by roasting your eggplants whole, either on the grill outside or on the stove over an open flame. I think on a charcoal grill really gives it a unique smokey flavor. Let it roast for a good 45-1 hour. You want the skin to be totally charred and grey with ash.
- As you let it cool, steep the juice from 2 lemons with your 3 crushed cloves of garlic, 20-30 minutes. After it has steeped, take the garlic out and throw away. In a small bowl whisk together tahini, steeped lemon juice, pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons warm water. Its amazing what happens next. It goes from being a stringy paste to a light and fluffy sauce!
- Set your prepared tahini aside. Cut your eggplants and half and scoop out onto a cutting board. Your eggplant should be very soft and creamy. Roughly chop your eggplant and then transfer to a serving bowl. Mix in the prepared tahini until it is combined.
- Top your babaganoush with some good olive oil and a little maldon salt.
- | With love + salt |