Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Wild Rice4
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large shallot finally diced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 3 stocks of celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 cups of white button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Sauté the shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Next add in 1 teaspoon of salt to season the shallots.
- Add in the 3 cloves of finely diced garlic to the shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add in the celery the carrots and the mushrooms and season it again with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Cook the mixture for about 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Lastly add in the fresh thyme and cook for three more minutes.
- Add the mushroom and shallot mixture to a crockpot.
- Next pour in 4 cups of chicken stock and 3 tablespoons of sherry.
- Then add in the boneless skinless chicken thighs which should be seasoned with 1 teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
- In the same pan that you cooked the mushrooms mixture, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of flour cook on medium high heat until it starts to turn to a golden color.
- Now add in one cup of whole milk stirring constantly. Cook the roux down for about five minutes or until the room becomes thicker and consistency.
- Add this roux directly to the crockpot.
- Lastly add in the half cup of wild rice give it a stir and then cover and cook for four hours on high heat.
- Just before serving add and one cup of chopped kale to the crockpot and allow it to cook down for about five minutes.