The Fiesta Blend is here and so are recipes and a Cooking Playlist! Nothing says Taco Tuesday like good food and good music with a margarita in hand. Enjoy with love + salt!
Easy Carne Asada Tacos
- 1 pound of Carne Asada meat like skirt steak or flank steak
- 1-2 tablespoons of IEK Fiesta Blend
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Drizzle the canola oil all over the flank steak and bell peppers in a shallow bowl. Then season with the bell peppers and steak with 1-2 tablespoons of IEK Fiesta Blend. Rub the blend into the steak and bell peppers. Let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before searing on a griddle.
- Turn the griddle on medium high heat and allow it to get hot for 3 minutes before searing the steak and bell peppers. Sear on each side for 3 minutes and lets the bell peppers grill as well. The last minute or so, place the tortillas on the griddle so they get nice and
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes. Chop the the steak into small pieces. Serve in hot tortillas with the bell peppers. Top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice!
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas4
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons In Emily's Kitchen Fiesta Blend
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup jack cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cans Ortega green chilies
- 1/2 brown onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - diced
- 1 can Green Las Palmas sauce I use the picante one!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying tortillas optional
- First, season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of IEK Fiesta Blend. Roast in an oven for 15 minutes at 350º.
- One the chicken has cooked, allow to cool so you can handle. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Add the shredded chicken, 2 teaspoons of IEK Fiesta Blend, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup of jack cheese, corn, sour cream, Ortega chilies, onion and garlic to a large bowl. mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next take your tortillas and lightly fry them on each side for 30 seconds. Just so they have a little crispiness to them. This prevent the enchiladas from getting soggy. However, this step can be optional.
- After lightly frying, coat each tortilla in the green Las Palmas sauce. Then fill each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Put the chicken mixture at the end closest to you and roll away from you. Place in a glass pyrex that is 13" X 9". Repeat until you have 2 rows of 6 enchiladas.
- Place in an oven at 400º, uncovered for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour the remaining amount of Las Palmas over the enchiladas and cover with the remaining cheddar and jack cheese. Increase the oven to 425º for 10 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro and radishes!
Chipotle-Lime Dressing with Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon IEK Fiesta Blend
- 1 cup cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire
- canned chipotle peppers ( 1 -2 peppers!) they are hot! more if you like it spicier
- In a blender, mix together all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if you please.
- With love + salt