Grilled Thai Eggplant Salad4
- 2 Chinese eggplant
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 jalapeño - chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro - chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion - chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for seasoning eggplant
- 1/2 shallot - thinly sliced
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the eggplants and season with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper
- Grill the eggplants whole for 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. The eggplants should be nice and charred on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, shallot, green onion and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take the eggplant off the grill and cute the tops off. Then cut the eggplant in two and then again cut longways in half.
- Top the eggplant with the dressing and serve at room temperature!