Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 1 shallot - chopped
- 2 Thai chilies - chopped
- 2 carrots - grated
- 10 white mushrooms - sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 1/2 cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 cup of kimchi - chopped
- 2 beaten eggs omit the eggs to keep vegan
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 sliced scallions
- First, heat the 2 tablespoons of canola oil on high heat in a wok. Once it begins to shimmer a little, add in the chopped garlic, shallot, ginger and Thai chilies. Stir constantly with a metal spoon. It will become fragrant very quickly!
- After letting the aromatics cook for about 2 minutes, add in the carrots, mushrooms, corn and peas. Allow the veggies to cook for about 5 minutes on medium high heat, constantly stirring
- Now add in the kimchi and allow to cook for one more minute on medium high… keep stirring!
- Next is the cauliflower! The best thing about cauliflower rice is how quickly it cooks! Once you add the cauliflower, give it a good stir around to get everything coated, about 30 seconds. Then make a little hole in the center and pour in your 2 beaten eggs.
- Start scrambling the eggs and incorporating them into the rest cauliflower and vegetables.
- Quickly it will start to look like friend rice! And its time to season! Add in your tamari, sesame oil and chili paste to your liking!
- Serve immediately and top with scallions or even a poached egg! It is so delicious!