Peanut Butter Ice Cream Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches8
Servings: 8 people
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup of unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate coco powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Chill the heavy cream in a metal bowl over another larger metal bowl full of ice and place in the refrigerator.
- In a large heavy 4 quart pot, warm the half and half and sugar over medium heat. It should be scalding hot but not boiling.
- Next whisk together the 8 egg yolks and begin to gently temper the egg yolks by pointing in the scalded milk into the bowl- whisking constantly and vigorously.
- Once all is whisked in, return the eggs and milk mixture back into the large pot in medium low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for about 8 minutes or until the custard are thickened.
- Return the hot custard into cold heavy whipping cream, whisking in the egg mixture to stop the cooking.
- Now in a separate large bowl measure in 1 cup of peanut butter. Whisk the peanut butter and slowly add in the ice cream base, whisking vigorously to incorporate the ice cream base into the peanut butter until smooth.
- Once smooth, return the ice cream base back into the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, spin the ice cream. After churned, place the ice cream into the freezer for at least another 2 hours before handling to make the sandwiches.
As the ice cream is chilling, make your cookies!
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Next add in the egg and vanilla and cream until smooth.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and whisk them together until it is all incorporated.
- Turn the mixer on low and gently add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds, allowing the mixture to come together after each addition.
- Once the cookies have come together add in the chocolate chips. Mix just until incorporated.
- Roll the dough out into a log shape about 8 inches long and wrap with saran or parchment paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing into 1/2 inch pieces.
- After two hours, use a sharpe knife to cut through the cookies, each a 1/2 inch thick. You should have a total of 16 cookies.
- Place them on a baking sheet about an inch apart in parchment paper. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.
- Let them coo completely before assembling the ice cream sandwiches.
- Time to assemble! Pretty simple and fun to put together! Just a little scoop of ice cream between two cookies and you’re set! But you gotta eat them quickly so they don’t melt!
So yummy! With love + salt