Pickled Shrimp and Fennel Salad4
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound cleaned shrimp
- 2 teaspoons In Emily’s Kitchen Signature Spice
- 1 large head of fennel thinly sliced or use a mandolin
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red Fresno Chile thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon should be about 1/4 cup of juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Serve with crusty French bread and mayo.
- 1 Persian cucumber thinly sliced optional
- In a large saucepan, add the cleaned shrimp, 2 teaspoons of In Emily’s Kitchen Signature Spice and 2 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a simmer and cover with a lid. Allow the shrimp to poach in the water for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the water and place into a separate bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined.
- Add in the the thinly sliced fennel, onion, cucumber, Fresno Chile and garlic. Taste to see if it needs any more seasoning.
- Take the shrimp out of the refrigerator and slice the shrimp in half down the middle of the shrimp so you have 2 identical thiner pieces of shrimp. Add to the fennel mixture and give it a stir.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving.
I love having this shrimp salad with crusty French bread and garlic mayonnaise. You’ll love this dish for the summer! With love + salt, Emily