Simple Dutch Oven Olive Rosemary Bread
- 3 cups bread flour - I use Gold Medal brand
- 1 1/2 cups water at 100 - 110 degrees.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast- not the fast acting one.
- 3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata Olives
- 3 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- ollive oil
- Maldon salt for topping
- Mix together the warm water, salt, yeast and flour in a large glass bowl. Mix until combined with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 16 hours. The dough should double in size and almost smell like a little alcohol, but it a good way!
- Oil your hands and roll the dough out onto a floured wooden cutting board. Push dough into a rectangle and add in the olives and rosemary and gently knead together until evenly distributed.
- Cover the dough with a towel for one more hour in a warm place.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 450º and place your dutch oven in the oven to get it nice and hot. Just before placing the dough into the dutch oven put 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle a good amount of Maldon salt on top of the bread and then drop the dough into the hot dutch oven.
- Bake the bread covered for 35 minutes and then finish uncovered for 20 minutes or until its golden brown and crispy on top.
And always, with love + salt