Spicy Garlic and Shiitake Mushroom Noodles with Glazed Pork4
Servings: 4 people
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped and separated into two 4 cloves each
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon sliced Serrano pepper
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon crispy garlic chili oil - you can buy in a grocery store in the asian foods aisle. They also have it at Trader Joes now.
- 2 packages of fresh Yaki soba noodles. You can also use ramen noodles- honestly you can use any fresh noodles you would like!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper or to taste-you won’t need too much salt because of the soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 boneless pork country style ribs
- 2 tablespoons your favorite teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- First, season the pork ribs with the garlic salt, onion powder, salt and pepper. In a cast iron skillet or a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable on high heat. Sear all sides of the pork ribs for 2 minutes on each side. Once seared add in the 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce over the pork ribs and pop into the oven for 40 minutes at 300º.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or a large sauce pan. Add in 4 tablespoons of the chopped garlic, Serrano and garlic and stir around constantly.
- Allow to become fragrant for 2 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Next add in the crispy chili oil and turn on high heat. Take the fresh noodle and run hot water over the noodles until they are broken up. Add the noodles into the wok and fry the noodles in the oils, mixing it around constantly.
- Next add in the soy sauce and the rice vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes on high heat.
- Lastly, add in the green onions and the 4 additional cloves of garlic. Mix around and taste to see if it need more seasoning. If you think it needs more salt add a little more soy sauce or a pinch of salt. Cook for another 2 minutes before serving in a bowl.
- Take out the pork ribs and cut into this slices. Top the noodles with the sliced pork and enjoy!
With love + salt