Tacos de Rajas con Crema2
These little tacos are deceivingly good. My husband, Michael - who will choose meat over vegetarian any day will always choose these tacos. They are so simple to make and you can whip these up in under 30 minutes! Great for a weeknight dinner or even as a little appetizer at a get together! Serve it like a dip with small little street taco tortillas! Perfect for your Cinco de Mayo party!
Servings: 2 people
- 1 15 oz. can of Sun Vista black beans - drained
- 3 poblano chilies - roasted and peeled and sliced into long strips
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup of shredded jack cheese
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Pickled red onion for topping - optional
- Queso fresco for topping - optional
- First roast the poblano peppers over an open flame until totally charred and black. Then take them off the stove and wrap in a wet pepper towel and place into a ziplock bag and allow them to steam. After about 5 minutes or so take them out and the skins should very easily slide off!
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and then onions and sliced poblano chilis. Season with two teaspoons salt. Sauté on medium heat for 7 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add in the can of beans, chopped garlic, and the remaining seasonings. Allow beans to cook for 5 minutes before adding shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in a few tablespoons of water if it looks a little thick.
- Serve with corn tortillas and toppings of choice! I like pickled red onion, radish and a little queso fresco!
with love + salt