Tequila Lime Chicken4
Servings: 4 people
- 4-6 bone in and skin on chicken thighs and legs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic- chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped Serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Fresh cilantro for topping
- Mix together all of the components except the chicken and butter!
- Give it a taste to see if you need to season with more salt and pepper. Once everything is whisked together, place the chicken into large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Massage the marinade into the chicken for a few minutes before setting in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. I like to marinate for 1 hour!
- After and hour or so, take the chicken out and let it come up to temperature on the counter for about 20 minutes. The reason you want to let the temperature come up slightly is because it will cook more evenly.
- If you have a grill, great! Cook on the grill for about 8 minutes each side. The chicken should be about 160-170º. Using an instant meat thermometer is probably the best way to know if the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- If you don’t have a grill, you could also use a stove top grate to create the grill marks! But the grill really makes a difference here!
As the chicken cook, use about 3/4 cup of the marinade to turn into a sauce. Bring the sauce to a roaring boil for about 5 minutes on high heat to cook the raw chicken out. The bring it down to a high simmer for another 10 minutes, allowing it to reduce. Right before serving the chicken, swirl in a tablespoon of butter to make the sauce silky and perfect for topping on the chicken.
- Spoon the sauce of the chicken and garnish with a little fresh cilantro!
with love + salt,