Thanksgiving Oatmeal Cherry Cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups out fashion rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups of packed golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- First, place the cherries in a bowl and cover with hot water for 5 minutes. Drain the cherries and set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a standing mixer or a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Next add in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and oats together until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together just until incorporated.
- Then add in the cherries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into the cookie dough and beat together on low for 10-15 seconds.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour or overnight before baking at 375º for 13 minutes.