Zoodles with Sausage and Mushroom in a Cream Sauce2
- 4 cups of zoodles - I buy mine pre-spiralized!
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- 1 large shallot - finely diced
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms - sliced
- 3/4 cup white button mushrooms - sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Parmesan Cheese for topping!
- pinch red chili flakes optional
- First, sauté the shallot in a large skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Let the shallot sauté for about 3 minutes and then add in 2 Italian sausages.
- Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the flour, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic salt and red chili flakes. Stir around on medium heat for about 2 minutes, cooking out the raw flour.
- Now we are going to deglaze with a little white wine! Pour in the wine and scrape up all the goodies on the bottom of the pan with the wooden spoon. Continue to stir around until the wine has reduced by at least half.
- Now drizzle in the milk, constantly stirring. The milk should quickly turn into a nice thick sauce. Give it a taste and see if it needs a little more salt or pepper!
- Now add in the mushrooms and garlic. Cook the mushrooms and garlic down on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly just add in the zoodles! Cook them for about 7 minutes and serve immediately and top in off with a little Parmesan cheese!